Monday, July 9, 2012

Anne of Green Gables Tea



Hello Friends!
My name is Diana Barry and I have been invited to a tea with Anne at  Green Gables-we are kindred spirits you know! I am so excited to be going because my friend Anne is just so much fun. She has the best imagination which sometimes gets her into trouble with Marilla .Anyway, I picked a little bouquet of wild flowers from along our roadside here in Avonlea. they are rather pretty don't you think?

“Kindred spirits are not so scarce as I used to think. It's splendid to find out there are so many of them in the world.”
L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

I went all the way to Charlottetown to get a new dress with puffed sleeves-the latest fashion here on the Island.

 Now ,I am off through the haunted wood to get to Green Gables. That Anne has such an imagination calling it the haunted wood!
 I wonder what Anne is serving for tea.
 After leaving the wood I walk by the Lake of Shining Waters.

 And  arrive at Green Gables. I wonder what Anne is up to now.
 Anne has set the table for tea using her oldest but prettiest china.

  Some old fashioned scented geraniums are blooming on the windowsill-these are lemon scented. Looks like Anne raided Marilla's rose garden too
Scones to go with our tea-how lovely!



 How delightful. Marilla made us some icecream -is there anything more delectable then icecream!

"I wish I were rich, and I could spend the whole summer at a hotel, eating ice cream and chicken salad."
A Diana quote from Anne of Green Gables.


Well Anne, thank you so much for inviting me to your tea-it was delightful!

I hope you are all familiar with Lucy Maud Montgomery's books on Anne of Green Gables or else this little story is lost on you.As a girl growing up on Prince Edward Island I enjoyed reading all of the Anne books and still enjoy them today along with the movie once in awhile. If you haven't read them you can still do it and fall in love with the little red haired Anne and Prince Edward Island too.

The handmade Anne doll above was given to me by a friend.

I am joining Sandi at Rose Chintz Cottage for her Anne of Green Gables tea today for Tea Time Tuesday .

My friend Lauriane who came all the way from Brazil also did a post on her visit to Anne of Green Gables and our garden and you can check that out here.

Thank you for allowing me to have a little fun today. There may be a few of you who think I would make a better Marilla but don't forget, it is my blog, and I'll be Di if I want too!!! Ha!Ha!  You do remember the song "It's my party and I'll cry if I want to don't you? Oh,that's right you are way too young!

Enjoy your day.
Carolyn
p.s. If you have a minute a young Island girl, Emily would love your vote on her project for Young Citizens that she did on Island Lighthouses- I checked out her video and I think she did an excellent job! Check it out at http://canadashistory.ca/Kids/YoungCitizens/Profiles/2012/Emily-Mc.aspx#.T_uirxH2Jyo.email.
Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment