Monday, June 18, 2012

A Peek at the Garden


Hello everyone,
      I hope you all enjoyed your weekend. We had enjoyed a garden tour here on Saturday and a Father's Day brunch on our veranda on Sunday. We are still getting lovely sunshine but the fields of potatoes are so dry that we are hoping for a good rain soon.. 



This is the back of our barn-did you notice we painted it. It used to be dark green and now it is' speckled trout' from Bher.

The Preston lilacs are now coming into bloom.We have a few varieties and I have forgotten which one this is.

The Miss Kim lilac standards are also blooming now and you can smell their lovely fragrance for quite a distance.


The roses are starting to bloom this one is Therese Bugnet.

The honeysuckle rivals the lilac for fragrance-I love stepping into the garden and catching a whiff of it .
The alliums,sweet rocket and lupins are blooming around the picket fence.
The earliest peony to bloom is this one from my Dad's garden many years ago. I am happy to have this reminder of him as he passed away 17 years ago. Dad enjoyed gardening too and encouraged me to start a garden here.about 20 years ago now. I think he would be happy with it now!
This is Scarlett O'Hara, a single peony.
Magnificum geranium is a hardy perennial and I love it and have divided and moved it all around our garden.


An alpine clematis blooming over the arbor.
The honeysuckle on the other side of the arbor.I have a few of these that I rooted from an old one at my daughters house.
A few of the blooming beauties from around the garden.

Well,just a little peek at some of the beauty in the garden now.


Hope you have a wonderful day and thank you for visiting me.

Carolyn


No comments:

Post a Comment